About Me

My photo
I'm off to the land of wine, opera, and beautiful men - all the things I love! Let's see what God has in store for me in Italy...

Monday, March 30, 2009

i'm feeling great tonight

the spring season has arrived!  hooray!  days are longer, the air is warmer, the trees are greener. no wonder spring is a natural high.  for my fabulous followers out there, most of you know that the winter was not the easiest, i definitely had my downfalls.  but now as i look back on the majority of my trip, i can be nothing but satisfied with all that i've done here in rome.  

i went for a run yesterday and i swear i felt like i was skipping.  the grass had just been cut, and the trees were trimmed, and i can't even begin to describe the smell of the air after the cool spring rain - i'll tell you one thing, you can't bottle that shit.  no.  it was marvelous.   i'm so excited to be home and to see you all.  it's been crazy being away for so long, but i know now that this definitely won't be the last time i'm away.  perhaps even next year, if i can't find a job in the U.S. (just giving ya'll a heads up...).  anyway, i know this is just a silly rant - but i'm feeling great tonight! 

2 comments:

Sarah Anne said...

wonderful post.

wonderful lady.

Maureen said...

Give my baby a hug for me :) Look forward to seeing you when you come home!!!