About Me

My photo
I'm off to the land of wine, opera, and beautiful men - all the things I love! Let's see what God has in store for me in Italy...

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Addio

Addio..

There are only so many duty-free shops one can go into before she gets bored…so therefore I am sitting at the Leonardo da Vinci airport with my laptop out.  Too bad there’s not a Starbucks in my hand, then I would REALLY be believable.  Little do the passersby know that I’m actually just writing a blog post and not some grand novel or the “work” I decided to do on the plane. 

Either way, this feeling is quite surreal.  After some massive rearranging of my bags (my large suitcase was 40 kilo!!!!  They laughed and said there was no way.  Thus 74 euro later – I have two checked bags which are both overweight, a handbag which is way too cumbersome for my liking, and a “purse” which is in actuality almost as large as my other bags) I am finally here.  

My show-off was quite nice.  I spent my last days in Rome having brunch at a fabulous restaurant with my friend Federica, perusing the city, dinner with Vera in the Jewish ghetto, and finally a stop off to the Trevi fountain for my favorite gelato.   I bought the girls Monsters Inc. because they know that’s my favorite Disney flick (sometimes we joke and they try to say Mike Wazowski).  They were just waking up for the day, so our good-bye was short because my driver was waiting.  I will truly miss those adorable little faces, but I am so eager to see all of the adorable faces that will be waiting for me when I arrive. 

I’ve been truly blessed here with a wonderful family and a chance to know a magnificent city, the eternal city.  I am even more blessed knowing that I have smiling faces waiting for me when I get back to Philadelphia.  It almost makes you want to cry, because I know how particularly lucky I am.  God must really love me; because I definitely don’t deserve the good things he gives me.  Thank you all for following my rambles and I hope you’ve enjoyed one or two of my posts.  Much love, as my boarding bell rings!

Baci e un forte abbraccio <3>

Carrie 

1 comment:

Cinzia said...

Carrie! I am so amazed at all you have done at the age that you are. Without sounding too mushy(totally not like me!), I just think you are such a wonderful person; I can't imagine you NOT deserving all of the wonderful things that have come your way. Much love and can't wait to see you!