About Me

My photo
I'm off to the land of wine, opera, and beautiful men - all the things I love! Let's see what God has in store for me in Italy...

Monday, April 6, 2009

worse case scenario

it's 3:34 a.m and you are awoken by a strange rumbling.  you sit up immediately (is this the apocolypse?) and realize the entire building is shaking.  crap, it's an earthquake.  what do i do? i'm from scranton, earthquakes concern me about the same as being attacked by flying monkeys. of course, i stumble out of my room, shoeless, in my pajamas, and hurry to the girls room.  what the hell is earthquake survival? aren't we supposed to crotch in a ball under the bed or something?  no, i think that was atomic bomb survival..  anyway, it stopped.  it was hella scary though.  i wish i had my handy worse case scenario game to tell me what to do.  let's test your earthquake survival skills.  in case of an earthquake, you should:

a. hide in a large fixtured structure, like a bathtub or refrigerator.
b. stand in a doorway, or hide under a desk
c. stand near a window, and be prepared to jump
d. do whatever necessary to get outside.

we'll see who knows how to survive... you never know when an earthquake is going to be your alarm clock.

5 comments:

kelly said...

Just so thankful you are OK...! OH stand in a door way....(I think)

The Joy in Living said...

I immediately thought of you once I heard that the quake was felt 60 miles west of L'Aquila in Rome. I'm really thankful you are o.k. God bless you, Miss Carrie.

suz said...

Caro Italia... sorry to hear about your earthquake experience! Philly is just as safe as Scranton ;-) earthquake-wise that is... hope you've recovered and that your sleep wasn't depraved too much! and way to be that girl who knows all the cool local hot spots in ITALIA!

Maureen said...

I thought of you as soon as I heard about the earthquake. I'm so glad you're ok!

Sarah Anne said...

Ugh. still can't believe that. you are one brave darling